Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
7-Layer Salad (Overnight Salad)
A layered colorful salad perfect for any occasion like potlucks, picnics, graduations, cook-outs. Make up to 24 hours ahead of time, then toss right before serving.
- 1 Head of Lettuce dry & cut-up fine
- 1 Small or Medium Bermuda Red Onion Sliced very thin
- 1 pkg Bacon fried crisp, drained & crumpled
- 1 Head of Cauliflower small pieces
- 1 bag Frozen Peas
- 2 cups Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- In a large mixing type bowl, layer the salad ingredients alternating them.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour over the top of the layered salad. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Stir well just before serving.
This is a simple and beautiful salad with lots of vegetables for potlucks, cookouts, graduations, and picnics. Our family even has it for holiday occasions. You can even change up the ingredients according to your taste and what you have on hand in your fridge, and you can dress it up with fresh herbs if you desire. You could even add spinach lettuce, hard-boiled eggs, grated cheese.