These easy Instant Pot baked potatoes are light and fluffy with almost no effort at all. They turn out perfect every single time! This is great for a potato bar, meal by itself, or a side item to a meal.
Baked Potatoes In Minutes!
We don’t make baked potatoes too often, mainly because they take forever to bake and often take up too much oven space. However, that’s completely changed now that we started making them in the Instant Pot. Even though we still do not make them too often! At least now it is easier when we do have them.
What’s great about using the Instant Pot is that you do not have to babysit the potatoes, and they are guaranteed to cook perfectly every time. I like the Instant Pot because it is doing all the cooking.
If you like crisp potato skins, you can rub them with oil after they come out of the instant pot, sprinkle some coarse sea sat on them and bake them for 10 minutes in the oven. This trick gives you the best of both worlds!
Tips for Instant Pot Potatoes
- Poke to Prevent Explosions – piercing the potato skins all over with a fork allows steam to escape so your potatoes don’t burst.
- Use a rack – keep the potatoes on the rack without touching the water.
- Add cold water – for consistent cooking results, add 1 cup of cold water.
- Even-sized potatoes – to ensure the potatoes are done on time, use potatoes that are even thickness and size.
Instant Pot Baked Potato Time Chart
All size potatoes cook on high pressure with natural release.
- Smaller Russet Potatoes (5 oz each) — 12 minutes
- Medium Russets (6-7 oz) — 14 minutes
- Large Russets (8 oz) — 16 minutes for large potatoes
- Extra Large Russets (10-14 oz) — 18-20 minutes
Once the potatoes are fully cooked, let the pressure come down naturally. This means you won’t switch the valve over to venting. Instead, you’ll wait for 7-10 minutes until the pin drops.
Let the potatoes cool for 5 minutes before cutting them down the center lengthwise and pressing the ends towards the center of the potato. This will help them “pop” open.
Add a small pat of butter along with some freshly cracked black pepper.
If plain potatoes are your thing, enjoy! If you’d rather fancy them up a bit, go for it!
Try THESE GARNISHES:
- Grated Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chives or green onion
- Bacon crumbles